Clinical Genetics Unit in Moulana Hospital provides services in various areas in Genetics like
- Diagnosis, Treatment and Genetic Counseling of Paediatric Genetic Disorders which involves Clinical Dysmorphology and Genetic Syndromes, Birth Defects, Chromosomal Abnormalities, Skeletal Dysplasias, Short Stature, Mental Retardation Syndromes, Neuromuscular Disorders, Metabolic Disorders – Inborn errors of Metabolism, Lysosomal Storage Disorders.
- Prenatal Cases – Diagnosis, Genetic Testing and Counseling.
- Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Losses.
- Genetic Counseling and Intepretation of Various Genetic Tests
- Cytogenetic Tests like Karyotyping, FISH etc…
- Molecular Tests – Gene Sequencing. EXOME Sequencing.
- Screening of other Family Members.