Orthopaedic Department started functioning in Moulana Hospital from the beginning itself (1992). It is full fledged with all modern facilities. Orthopaedic Department is dealing with all sorts of orthopaedic traumas and sub specialties of orthopaedics like, Sports medicine, Paediatric orthopaedics, Arthroplasty and Spine surgeries. The Department is working as two units with alternate admission days.
- Performed more than 1500 Total Joint Replacement Surgeries including Primary, Complex and Revision Joint Replacement Surgeries.
- Performed more than 2500 Arthrocopic Procedures Including Knee, shoulder and Ankle Joints.
- First Hospital in Malabar to start Hip Arthroscopy Procedures.
- 1st centre in Kerala to use i-Pod for Navigating Total Knee Replacement Surgery
- 1st centre in Malabar to start Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation Restorative Surgery
- 1st Hospital in Kerala to perform Total Shoulder Surface Replacement.
- 1st hospital in Malabar to perform Total Hip Replacement with Acetabular Reconstruction.
- Leading Hospital in Malabar to perform Maximum number of Joint Replacement surgeries.
1. Joint Replacement surgery: Hip,Knee and shoulder.
2. Arthroscopic Procedures of Knee, Shoulder and Ankle.
- ACL & PCL Reconstructions
- Multiple Ligament Reconstructions, Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation Procedures (ACI)
- MPFL Reconstructions for Recurrent Dislocation Petella
- Meniscectomy, Loose Bodies Removal
- Bankart repair, SLAP Repair
- Subacromial Decompression, Rotators Cuff Repair
- State of the art minimally invasive Trauma Surgery for fracture management.
- 24 Hours Trauma Care for all Orthopaedic Emergencies.
- Defomity Corrections
- Laminar Air Flow Operation Theatre with 0.3 Micron HEPA Filtter.
- Personal protection systems
- Well and fully equipped smith & Nephew Arthroscopic Systems and Instruments.
- Synthes Pneumatic Drill and Saw Systems.
- Spiral CT
- Well Equipped Physiotherapy Department.