It is being increasingly recognized that hormonal imbalance plays a major role in many endocrine disorders as well as life style disorders like diabetes obesity etc. As a leading tertiary care referral hospital in Kerala and many firsts to its credit in super speciality care in the district of Malappuram, Moulana hospital took up the initiative to set up a full fledged endocrine and diabetes unit in 2009, the first of its kind in the district of Malappuram, taking patient care to a new dimension.
We all know that many of the hormonal tests needs to be done without delay after collecting blood samples. So a fully equipped hormonal lab with state of the art hormonal assay systems to provide the best results in the shortest possible times, has also been setup.
With immense pleasure we let you inform that this department has been providing quality care for more than 10 years in the field of endocrinology, diabetes and hormonal disorders.
The Centre for Endocrinology and Diabetes is one of the full-fledged endocrinology centre in the entire state of Kerala and provides advanced care for diabetes mellitus as well as complex endocrine diseases. There are full facilities for the investigation and treatment of endocrine problems in adult, paediatric, and adolescent patients and all the complications of diabetes. The Endocrine Centre consists of a dedicated and well-qualified team of healthcare professionals comprising consultant endocrinologist, diabetic educator, dietitian and podiatrist. This is the only centre in district having Insulin Pump Therapy, certified diabetic educator and Podiatrist: full timed attached to endocrine Department.
Patients are being referred from different districts of the state for evaluation of underproduction (Hypothyroid) and over production (Hyperthyroid) of thyroid hormones, hirsutism, and weight control problems. We also do evaluate for short stature due to growth hormone disorders. Our department has special interest in Gonadal disorders like Hypogonadism, Erectile dysfunction and PCOS.
- The Diabetes Care Programme provides early diagnosis, evaluation, intensive management and prevention of diabetes related complications like Retinopathy, Nephropathy, Neuropathy and Ischaemic Heart Disease. It also offers Management of gestational diabetes.
- Thyroid Disorders
- Treatment of hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and nodular goitres.
- Growth and Pubertal Disorders
- Short stature in children-Hormonal evaluation and Treatment
- Precocious puberty
- Males-Premature development of genitals, body and facial hair before 9 years
- Delayed puberty
- Absent secondary sexual characters and genital development in boys > 14 years.
- Absent breast development and sexual characters in girls > 13 years or primary amenorrhea.
- Inter sex disorders
- Ambiguous genitalia (male and female pseudo hermaphroditism)
- Adrenal disorders
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Cushings syndrome
- Addisons disease
- Adrenal masses and endocrine hypertension.
- Pituitary disorders
- Pituitary adenomas
- Cushings disease
- Acromegaly and gigantism
- Hypopituitary states
- Diabetes insipidus.
- Female Endocrine disorders
- Primary amenorrhea and Turners Syndrome
- Galactorrhea (Milky Breast Discharge)
- Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Irregular menses, Acne
- Hirsutism (excess hair growth) Infertility.
- Male endocrine disorders
- Hypogonadism (poor genital developments, absent hair growth and secondary sexual characters).
- Erectile dysfunction, infertility.
- Klinfelter’s syndrome.
- Kall mann’s syndrome.
- Bone and mineral disorders
- Rickets, Osteomalacia
- Hyper parathyroidism, hypoparathyroidism.
- Obesity and Lipid disorders
- Hormonal evaluation of Childhood and Adult Obesity, Hyperlipidemic states, insulin resistance syndromes.
- Fully automated elecrochemiluminiscent hormone analysis system
- Dynamic Endocrine Testing for Diagnosis of Endocrine Disorders
- Comprehensive Diabtes Health Checkup
- Facility for Continuous Glucose Monitoring Study (CGMS)
- Insulin Pump Therapy
- Specialized Diabetes Education and Dietetics Department
- Podiatry Clinic
- Diabetic awareness classes and exhibitions
- School Health programmes for childhood obesity awareness
- Free medical camps